Depending on the information needed and the groups to be surveyed, face-to-face, telephone or online surveys can be organised.
Activities include the development of the questionnaire, set-up of the sampling plan, translating the questionnaire into the relevant languages to be used, instructing and monitoring interviewers, telephonic survey bureaus and internet response in case of online surveys, reweighing and analysis of the results using various statistical methods and reporting.
Representative results require the set-up of an optimal sample plan, as often (for instance because of cost considerations) a sample plan for in particular, international surveys, is not balanced against the population. For instance, in surveys within the business sector in the European Union the number of large enterprises is equal to the number of SMEs surveyed, while in reality, SMEs make up 99% of the enterprise population. Panteia has the tools and experience to prepare optimal sample plans and in addition, we have a highly qualified team of statisticians and econometricians to apply a large variety of statistical methods.
Panteia is already carrying out European wide surveys for more than 20 years. Some recent examples are:
- Opportunities for the Internationalisation of European SMEs: telephonic survey among the business sector in 27 EU Members States;
- Provision of assistance to Impact Assessment in the preparation of new initiatives as regards the future development of the inland waterway transport sector
- Study on the effectiveness and improvement
- of the EU legislative framework on training of professional drivers
- Internationalisation of European SMEs: telephonic survey among SMEs in 33 European countries (EU-27 plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, FYROM, Norway and Turkey). The survey consisted of 9480 completed interviews;
- Do SMEs create more and better jobs?: telephonic survey among SMEs in 33 European countries (EU-27 plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, FYROM, Norway and Turkey);
- Research on the effects and impact of entrepreneurship programmes in Higher Education: internet survey among alumni of 9 Higher education institutions in 9 countries;
- Financing eco-innovations: telephonic survey among SMEs in 33 European countries (EU-27 plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, FYROM, Norway and Turkey);
- Study on representativeness of SME business organisations in the Member States: internet survey among SME organisations in 27 countries.